The Fall Of The Yankee Fan

The Seeds Have Been Planted, But Grass Has Yet To Grow On The Grave That Is The Yankees Dynasty.

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

New England Is Anew Since The Red Sox Won It

Four weeks since what New Englanders waited for years to see.

A Red Sox World Series Championship.

Okay, I'll admit it -- it finally sunk it, but that doesn't mean I'm willing to give up my first born child and all my worldly belongings that I had once promised. The three Patriots super bowls that I would have traded for one Red Sox championship -- well luckily I'm not in charge of those kind of things... The Red Sox won the World Series.

28 days later...

We now know that George W. Bush will be our president another four years, beating out a New Englander. The die-hard Red Sox fan, John Kerry, who refused to fly out to an Arizona debate during a Red Sox playoff game. Oh the avid fan John Kerry, there will be a lot of free agents leaving the Red Sox this off-season but one can be sure that Manny Ortiz will still be in the lineup -- he plays goalie, right?

Here are just a few points to think over:

The Patriots winning streak is over...

Fred Hale of Maine, the world's oldest man at 113 years, as well as the world's oldest Red Sox fan, past away...

They're still not going to play hockey...

I have gone through 2 TV sets in my living room and 4 of my fish have died, a result of the Red Sox winning the world series? Well the 2 of them happened simultaneously during the post game show of game 4 in St Louis, so you be the judge.

Listen I'm not trying to point blame in any direction here but there are a lot of people who are going to have to come clean with their promises or else God is gonna be pissed -- start take away all else that is holy in Red Sox Nation. I'm not saying I wouldn't still trade it all away to see the sox win the next 3 years straight to shut up Yankees fans once and for all... Hell, I may be willing to trade a kidney to see that...

Well actually, we'll see when it happens...




Paolo DeVito
Transplanted Red Sox Fan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home